- Lettings Service
- Application Process
- Properties for Rent
- Lettings Reviews
- Client Money Protection
- View Shortlist
All applicants shall be requested to complete detailed application forms. We shall undertake comprehensive reference checks which will include right to rent ID checks in accordance with the Immigration Act 2014. In accordance with the Tenant Fees Act 2019 we request that the prospective tenant(s), to reserve the property and to demonstrate commitment to rent the property whilst reference checks take place, pays a holding deposit to ourselves which is equivalent to not more than one week’s rent, which shall be put towards the deposit payable at the start of the tenancy (and shall be held subject to conditions, further details upon request).
Our clients account details are as follows:
NF & DB & JF Brown Clients Account, Barclays Bank, 55 Market Place, Richmond, North Yorkshire, DL10 4JH. This account is non interest bearing.
As members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) we carry out a monthly reconciliation of our clients account and are activities are subject to monitoring under the Institution's conduct and disciplinary regulations. The RICS operates a clients money protection scheme of which we are a member - click here for our certificate
Under Schedule 1 of the Tenant Fees Act 2019, Permitted Payments by Tenants are as follows:
* Tenancy Deposit, capped at no more than five weeks’ rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000, or six weeks’ rent where the total annual rent is £50,000 or above.
* Holding Deposit capped at no more than one week’s rent.
* Reasonable costs incurred by the landlord or letting agent as a result of the tenant’s loss of key(s) and/or a security device, as a result of the tenancy being varied (subject to the landlord’s consent) or as a result of the early termination of the tenancy agreement (subject to the landlord’s consent).
* Default fee on late rent over 14 days past the due date at 3% over the Bank of England’s base rate.
* Payments in respect of Council Tax, Utilities, TV licence and Communication Services to the relevant authority/providers.